
I kidda half expected Sherlock to be a good show. Definitely anticipated it to be an enjoyable one since Mr. Moffat is responsible for it. So, on Monday afternoon, I found myself searching the internet quite relentlessly, looking for "A Study in Pink" the first episode of Sherlock, which is an update version of the first Sherlock Holmes story, A Study in Scarlet. And since lately BBC is so efficient at deleting all famous BBC shows on youtube, it was so darn frustrating before I finally found a complete 90-minute episode of the show that day. But oh mine, the result of that long search was just (to quote Wolfe) an absolute satisfactory. Half into the episode, I was surprised to find myself giggling and beaming with a widest smile - something that hasn't happened to me while watching a television show for oh I don't know how long. I was "excited", if that's the right word to explain it. It was an excitement in a pretty childish way. Funny how hard this emotion can come around for me. The writing was funny and thrilling, the story was great-pacing, the visual was fantastically cheeky, that guy who played Sherlock was just wonderfully "Holmes", and my dear sweet Dr. Watson was... oh well, i am going to be biased on that, ain't i? but who cares..lol. So, my dear sweet Watson was still the reason why I love Sherlock Holmes. The whole thing just created this sensation of child-like happiness in me. What a wonderful time that was ^^
By the way, i really liked the way they put Mycroft (whom I just found out played by the co-creator and another writer of the Show, Mark Gratiss.. take that for a real surprise.. lol) as a member of british government and a secret service, mostly British but occasionally freelancing for CIA...haha. So there goes the not-like-to-do-anything elder brother of Sherlock as I recall. It should be fun to see how they play with this in the future stories. How useful it will be for Sherlock to have a brother who actually can do more stuffs than just solving difficult puzzles for him. Well, there are only two more left that they have done. And to tell the truth, I am not expecting any of them to be as much fun as this one, not having Moffat being the main writer is mostly why. But at least, the series should continue to be real chick. The 21th century Holmes and Watson will definitely be a joy to watch. Can't wait till the next Monday.. if I can find a place to see the next episode that is..lol.
PS. Gotta wait till Oct 24 before this show arrives the US on PBS. But it's PBS, so no commercials and no interuptions, like the way I could have watched on BBC One. Hoorah!
No comments:
Post a Comment