Tuesday, November 9, 2010

All Looks... Eventually

... Oi, Debbie... very very funny sketch...


At last, I sumed up the courage to watch the last two episodes of Look 4. What I want to say first is that, Life is not so grimm, really. There are still some valid concern of the change in style in some sketches. They are also not exactly all very funny. But mostly they are more similar to Look I am used to. So I am a bit more relief on that aspect.


Interestingly, I like the 5th episode quite a lot - in retrospective. The first time they were all mashed together and didn't give me much time to think. They were also not much of "funny Ha Ha" sketches but rather chuckle sketches. This kind of sketches is generally very enjoyable but will only make an OK impression the first time round. Only in the future viewings that I get to appreciate them more. Funnily, I was a bit reminded of Look 2 where the first viewing was also not so much of a great impression, but after awhile, I do think it's a wonderful season. Really good quality (although still not as great as Look 3, imho).



Another interesting observation I have from these two episodes is that I kidda feel that if I look at these sketches individually (like viewing one at a time on youtube), they will have a much better impact on me. This is generally true on any of Look episodes - to some various degree. But there is this particularly strong emotion that the sketches are actually much funnier independently. Not really a bad sign... but probably suggest that I should try viewing them on yootooboo a bit and come back to see the full episodes again. That may have quite an interesting effect.




Last sketch, the Elderly Holmes, was superb. Poignant. Wonderfully heartbreaking. Watching it with other sketches kind of diminish the impact a bit - although I still ended up crying a bit at the end regardless. If I hadn't known before that this is the last sketch, and that was me seeing it for the first time on DVD before the credit role, I would surely be totally devastated. Gosh... I was lucky to have seen it before.




My heart was already sank so deep when Mitchell's Holmes looking at Watson with ".. I cannot get the fog to clear.." I wasn't breathing already by that time... but I went into complete break-down at the Watson's reaction. I really couldn't hold on my tears any longer at the sight of this .... Webb, playing my dear Watson, crying . It broke my heart....

This sketch translates into something very special and very dear to me.

More stuffs on Look 4 later. Gotta get back to work.. kiss kiss




No comments: